- (As a direction) in a simple style of performance.More example sentences
- The opening Allegro maestoso is winningly done whilst the lovely Andante semplice also contains much that is beautiful and simple at the same time.
- ‘First Evening Stars’ is an elegant study in two-voice semplice playing and legato octaves.
- A new symphony, the Sinfonia semplice, followed within months and Nielsen conducted its first performance himself, as he had all its predecessors except the First.
Italian, literally 'simple'.
More definitions of sempliceDefinition of semplice in:
- The US English dictionary