- Make a significant statement, either implicitly or by one’s actions: it sends a message to potential foreign investorsMore example sentences
- An election might have sent a message to prospective tourists that life was continuing as normal outside certain designated areas.
- He then sends a message of congratulations to the voter in the election, won by the Republican Party in a landslide.
- Bell suggested that council needs to send a strong message to the government and send a message to the solicitor general.
More definitions of send a messageDefinition of send a message in:
- The US English dictionary