- An organ of the body which responds to external stimuli by conveying impulses to the sensory nervous system.More example sentences
- Each sense organ has specialized receptor cells to detect the appropriate type of physical energy or stimulation.
- In humans the sense organ that provides us with the taste sensation is the tongue, or more specifically the taste buds on the tongue.
- The eye is a sense organ and we make no effort to see when the eye functions normally.
More definitions of sense organDefinition of sense organ in:
- The US English dictionary