noun (plural same)
- (In martial arts) a teacher: [as title]: Sensei Ritchie began workMore example sentences
- In terms of a martial art, a sensei is the one with more experience who can guide you along the path.
- Only the senior sensei of the Dojo can have his back to the Kamiza.
- However his Judo sensei appreciated his talent and persuaded his father to allow him to pursue Judo as a career.
Japanese, from sen 'previous' + sei 'birth'.
More definitions of senseiDefinition of sensei in:
- The US English dictionary