- A time or stage in a person’s development when they are more responsive to certain stimuli and quicker to learn particular skills.More example sentences
- That's probably because bitterness is often a sign of toxicity, and it's especially important to avoid toxic compounds during these sensitive periods of growth and development.
- This is necessary to allow appropriate therapy to be started within the sensitive period of visual development for optimal results.
- Estrogens can be naturally elevated in plasma when songs are being learned; androgens can be elevated when the sensitive period for song learning closes.
More definitions of sensitive periodDefinition of sensitive period in:
- The US English dictionary