- A device which detects or measures a physical property and records, indicates, or otherwise responds to it: to ensure greater response and surer handling, the engineers used electronic sensors to monitor each wheelMore example sentences
- The sensors measure the response of different parts of your brain to the noises.
- They use infrared sensors to detect the stairs in your home and stay away from them.
- The ship's sensors detect incoming threats, which the command system then analyses and evaluates.
1950s: from sensory, on the pattern of motor.
More definitions of sensorDefinition of sensor in:
- The US English dictionary