Relating to sensation or the physical senses; transmitted or perceived by the senses: sensory input
More example sentences
- It's a total sensory overload; every sense being in a constant state of catch-up.
- Three-quarters of the way down the list and it starts to add up to physical and sensory overload.
- The brain fills in so many gaps in its sensory input, so maybe it takes a huge amount of hearing loss to make a real difference to ability.
- More example sentences
- Experiments on children have led to the unsurprising conclusion that those who walk to school have a much more highly developed awareness of their environment than their sensorily deprived classmates dropped by car.
- I remember in the bad old days when Rock Operas were about the War Of The Worlds, or a messianic cult based on a sensorily deprived pinball player.
- The focus is on the role of the directly observable: ‘Guiding the patient to becoming more sensorily aware of what his or her body is doing before, at the outset of, during, and after an attack.’
Definition of sensory in:
- The US English dictionary