- Relating to sensation or the physical senses; transmitted or perceived by the senses: sensory inputMore example sentences
- It's a total sensory overload; every sense being in a constant state of catch-up.
- Three-quarters of the way down the list and it starts to add up to physical and sensory overload.
- The brain fills in so many gaps in its sensory input, so maybe it takes a huge amount of hearing loss to make a real difference to ability.
- More example sentences
- Experiments on children have led to the unsurprising conclusion that those who walk to school have a much more highly developed awareness of their environment than their sensorily deprived classmates dropped by car.
- I remember in the bad old days when Rock Operas were about the War Of The Worlds, or a messianic cult based on a sensorily deprived pinball player.
- The focus is on the role of the directly observable: ‘Guiding the patient to becoming more sensorily aware of what his or her body is doing before, at the outset of, during, and after an attack.’
More definitions of sensoryDefinition of sensory in:
- The US English dictionary