- A process by which someone is deprived of normal external stimuli such as sight and sound for an extended period of time, especially as an experimental technique in psychology.More example sentences
- The whole affair smacks of an elaborate experiment in sensory deprivation techniques for intelligence gathering - a process better known as torture.
- The equipment means that they have no idea where in the world they are and suffer complete sensory deprivation without sight, sound, smell and touch.
- He underwent long periods in a sensory deprivation chamber, experiments with weightlessness, endurance in heat chambers and test flights under stress with every reaction monitored.
More definitions of sensory deprivationDefinition of sensory deprivation in:
- The US English dictionary