- 1The enjoyment, expression, or pursuit of physical, especially sexual, pleasure: he ate the grapes with surprising sensualityMore example sentences
- You enjoy luxury, sensuality, and pleasures of the flesh.
- The nazir offers his hair to God as a symbol that he is sublimating and consecrating his sensuality and sexual energy.
- She delves into sensuality, illusion and sexual exploration when asked what inspired her to open up three months ago.
- 1.1The condition of being pleasing or fulfilling to the senses: life can dazzle with its sensuality, its colourMore example sentences
- Don't get me wrong: I love color and its influence, its sensuality, in people as well as fabric.
- Words would not suffice to express the sensuality of the jewellery, be it cute little ear-rings, rings, pendants, cuff links or tie pins.
- Drawing on Asian traditions that date back centuries, its spa retreats blend romance and serenity with exotic sensuality.
Middle English (denoting the animal side of human nature): from Old French sensualite, from late Latin sensualitas, from sensualis (see sensual).