- Treat, regard, or portray in a sentimental way: (as adjective sentimentalized) the impossibly sentimentalized and saintly ideal of the Virgin MotherMore example sentences
- We censor it, sentimentalise it, treat it as a commodity.
- The story of a nun who befriends a man on death row never sentimentalises the issues, but is an unforgettable study of capital punishment's cynicism.
- To her credit, Leslie treats them seriously, without sentimentalizing the characters or their experiences.
- More example sentences
- Legal notions of spousal unity and the sentimentalization of a woman's role as ‘the angel in the house’ have often served to undercut married women's agency and autonomy.
- It's part of the well-documented process of the sentimentalisation of society, in which emotions are more important than facts and the most powerful condition is that of victimhood.
- Now, it seems, this babyish sentimentalisation of nature is regarded as a social attribute.
More definitions of sentimentalizeDefinition of sentimentalize in:
- The US English dictionary