1 (plural same) A member of a West African people inhabiting parts of Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Mali, and Burkina.
- In the Baoule village, the women live with their husbands' families; among the Senufo, husbands and wives live separately with men living in rectangular houses and their wives occupying round ones.
- Other significant ethnic groups include the Bete, Senufo, and Malinke.
- Among the collection essays, they give magisterial overviews of the arts and conceptual universe of the Yoruba and Senufo.
Relating to the Senufo or their language.
- He modified these in his well-known catalogue for his 1964 exhibition of Senufo art at the Museum of Primitive Art in New York City.
- There is a balance of power between Poro and Sandogo, the chief patrons of the arts in Senufo communities.
- In Senufo society, divine creation is commemorated by large, sculpted figural pairs that depict a timeless and ideally balanced archetype of humanity.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Se¦nufo
Definition of Senufo in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.