- A person who supports the separation of a particular group of people from a larger body on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or gender: religious separatistsMore example sentences
- Unlike the model for separatists, gender has no effect on the probability that one is an integrationist.
- Counterinsurgency operations failed to end support for the separatists.
- Pundits say he stole most of his votes from dissatisfied separatists who believe their party lost its leftist ideals.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to separatists or separatism: a separatist rebellionMore example sentences
- When, if ever, should international law and institutions support separatist claims?
- If not handled carefully, this decentralization may pose as much a threat to national unity as armed separatist movements.
- She also said her top priority was to prevent the diverse archipelago being torn apart by separatist rebellions.
More definitions of separatistDefinition of separatist in:
- The US English dictionary