- another term for hara-kiri.More example sentences
- The transference of that vision, as Algren helps the defeated Katsumoto perform an impromptu seppuku on the field of battle, defines the real last samurai.
- Getting the the Imperial palace flattened would have been a great disgrace probably requiring seppuku of the Japanese leaders concerned.
- Blasted out by artillery, on 24 September Saig was wounded in a last sortie and committed seppuku assisted by a faithful follower, who then killed himself.
Japanese, from setsu 'to cut' + fuku 'abdomen'.
More definitions of seppukuDefinition of seppuku in:
- The US English dictionary