- An African lizard with a snake-like body and very short or non-existent legs.
More example sentences
- Genera Tetradactylus, family Gerrhosauridae: several species, formerly regarded as skinks
- This snake-like seps is similar in appearance to Breyer's long-tailed seps.
- The common long-tailed seps is probably too small to be able to effectively flee from fire.
mid 16th century (denoting a venomous serpent described by classical authors): via Latin from Greek sēps, from the base of sēpein 'make rotten'.
More definitions of sepsDefinition of seps in:
- The US English dictionary