- 1A group of seven people playing music or singing together.More example sentences
- Feldman scored it for an ensemble consisting of doubled woodwind quartet, brass septet, string quartet, and a trio of harp, piano, and vibraphone.
- This is his second recording with the Magnetic North Orchestra, a septet of two trumpets, saxophone, cello, bass and drums, plus the leader's piano and keyboards.
- The sextets and septets playing in the clubs and hotels of the capital had brought the son, the traditional Cuban dance rhythm, from the east of the island, and added trumpets to the original percussion and guitars.
- 1.1A composition for a septet.More example sentences
- Also taking the limelight is the British premiere of a multi-media septet set to a compilation of tracks performed to Scarlatti's bright and rhythmic pieces for harpsichord.
early 19th century: from German Septett, from Latin septem 'seven'.
More definitions of septetDefinition of septet in:
- The US English dictionary