- A redwood tree, especially the California redwood.More example sentences
- The most common forms included beech-like trees, poplars, willows, cattails, sumac, soapberry, and conifers such as pines, sequoias, and false cypress.
- There are these trees called sequoias in the west of my country and they grow to be about as big as those pines.
- Visit here on Dec. 14 and participate in the annual trek to the General Grant Tree, the third-largest sequoia in the United States.
from modern Latin Sequoia (genus name), from Sequoya, the name of the Cherokee Indian who invented the Cherokee syllabary.
More definitions of sequoiaDefinition of sequoia in:
- The US English dictionary