Definition of seraphic in English:
Characteristic of or resembling a seraph or seraphim; angelic: a seraphic smile
More example sentences
- For a time there are smiles, and arms lifted up, and seraphic dreamy looks, and a swaying to the music, and warm embraces of other people and enthusiasm for Christian things.
- His voice was weak, but his countenance was seraphic, his long white hair reaching to his shoulders.
- When the curtain rose next Grace entered alone to begin her first solo, the King of Thule, filling the amphitheatre with her pure seraphic voice.
- Example sentences
- The Mozart is more successful because its emotional content is well served by the players' ‘let's play as seraphically as we can’ attitudes.
- He does well to make these scenes as tolerable as they are (Howard's job being simply to gaze seraphically into space), but all the film gains from the plot's paraphernalia is a couple of superficial twists.
- "No," he replied, and smiled seraphically, as was his wont.
Words that rhyme with seraphicautobiographic, autographic, bibliographic, biographic, calligraphic, cartographic, choreographic, cinematographic, cryptographic, demographic, geographic, graphic, hagiographic, historiographic, holographic, hydrographic, iconographic, lithographic, monographic, orthographic, palaeographic (US paleographic), photographic, pictographic, pornographic, reprographic, Sapphic, stenographic, telegraphic, traffic, typographic, xerographic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan