Definition of serendipitous in English:
Occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way: a serendipitous encounter
More example sentences
- And this was totally serendipitous, unexpected, it just came out as we started writing this material up about a year ago.
- Her career was a collection of serendipitous and fortuitous events that entice one to believe she was fated to succeed.
- Sometimes success is as much accidental or serendipitous as planned.
- Example sentences
- It turned out that my first day in the USA, entirely serendipitously, had coincided with the weekend that the 1968 Democratic National Convention was getting under way.
- Martin's investigation of this mystery, while still in New York, coincided serendipitously with his overcooking of a pot of rice.
- But serendipitously, one of the helpers that had been assisting one of the suspects was caught on one of our closed circuit television cameras that the museum had installed, and he was found to be carrying a bucket.
Words that rhyme with serendipitousprecipitous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan