- Combining the serious and the comic; serious in intention but humorous in manner or vice versa: a telling serio-comic critiqueMore example sentences
- They have a serio-comic essay in Slate about the divergent paths that former politicians take in the United States and Europe.
- It begins as a serio-comic meditation on people's willingness to tolerate intimacy and accommodate the drives of their neighbours, before shifting into darker territory.
- Col. Blimp is not really a war movie, since it has no battle scenes, other than one excellent serio-comic sword fight.
- More example sentences
- I almost always have a story of some incredibly bad behavior Ive witnessed and usually end by serio-comically thanking her for raising me to be a good girl.
- Each is at once elitist and popular, adept at serio-comically pressing the limits of the Spanish language's expressivity.
More definitions of serio-comicDefinition of serio-comic in:
- The US English dictionary