verb[no object] Medicine
(Of a person) undergo a change from a seronegative to a seropositive condition: other clinical symptoms did not differ between drug users who seroconverted and those who remained negative for HIV
More example sentences
- All 12 women seroconverted after the first vaccination.
- However, patients will not seroconvert until about 22 to 27 days postexposure.
- Having remained HIV-negative all that time, he now seroconverts.
- Example sentences
- The seroconversion seen in some blood donors suggest that the proteins are indeed produced by the bacteria.
- Regarding the other secondary endpoints, vaccinated children had shorter exacerbations (irrespective of their cause) and fewer seroconversions than the placebo group but reported more side effects.
- Health care workers with seroconversions after work-related exposure need to speak up and share their experiences with colleagues.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sero|con¦vert
Definition of seroconvert in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.