Giving a negative result in a test of blood serum, e.g. for the presence of a virus.
More example sentences
- Because these women initially are seronegative, serologic screening tests for HSV do not accurately detect those at highest risk.
- At the time of the third survey in November 1984 all children under the age of 5 years who were seronegative for hepatitis B virus infection were vaccinated.
- This approach requires that seronegative people are tested by these methods.
- More example sentences
- First, an incident must be reported, and second, the worker's baseline seronegativity and subsequent seroconversion must be documented.
- These findings were comparable with the study from South Africa which showed a seronegativity of 20 per cent for measles among fully immunized population, 72 per cent for mumps and 66 per cent for rubella.
- On the other hand, seronegativity implies that there is susceptibility to the infection.
Definition of seronegative in:
- The US English dictionary