Definition of seropositive in English:
Giving a positive result in a test of blood serum, e.g. for the presence of a virus: two of the patients were seropositive for HIV
More example sentences
- One female and 3 male patients were seropositive for human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Several tests have been developed or are being investigated for testing seropositive individuals post-seoconversion to detect recent infections.
- It is unclear whether this virus is a cause of pneumonia or merely latently reactivated, because virtually all adults are seropositive for the virus.
- Example sentences
- Individuals with hepatitis A seropositivity were not significantly different from those without such seropositivity with respect to frequency of daily exposure, wounds, use of protective equipment, or smoking status.
- However, in the chronic stage the circulating level of trypomastigotes is too low to be detected and therefore seropositivity is used as evidence of infection.
- The seropositivity for these viral markers was evaluated in 400 haemophilics in a 5-year survey starting from 1995.
Definition of seropositive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan