Definition of serous in English:
Of, resembling, or producing serum: the natural protection for grazes and scratches is dried serous fluid and blood
More example sentences
- The presence of small lymphocytes in serous cavity fluid can pose great difficulty in the differentiation between a low-grade lymphoproliferative disorder and reactive lymphocytosis.
- Liquefied vitreous, serous fluid, or blood may collect in the subretinal space between the sensory retina and the underlying layer of retinal pigment epithelium.
- Collection of pooled blood or serous fluid is an additional risk for obese patients.
- Example sentences
- During a course of experiments on the nature of the animal fluids, in which I was engaged in the years 1805 and 1806, I examined the serosity of the blood.
- He accordingly "sought for it in the serosity of several of Dr. Bright's patients, but could detect only a matter possessing peculiar properties, which seemed to approach to those of urea."
Definition of serous in:
- US English dictionary