- (Of a skin lesion or ulcerated region) having a wavy margin: the lesions had persisted with advancing serpiginous trailsMore example sentences
- Urticaria may present with serpiginous lesions.
- Volar aspects of the wrists contained multiple serpiginous scaling lesions.
- Granuloma annulare may present as a serpiginous, hyperpigmented skin discoloration, but the skin lesions would be raised papules, not just macular skin changes as in this case.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin serpigo, serpigin- 'ringworm' (from Latin serpere 'to creep') + -ous.
More definitions of serpiginousDefinition of serpiginous in:
- The US English dictionary