noun (plural serranos)
- A small green chilli pepper of a very hot variety.More example sentences
- With their slightly fruity taste and delayed bite, serranos are ideal for fresh salsas like pico de gallo.
- Jalapenos turn red; serranos can go red, orange, brown, or yellow.
- She indicated a divided tray containing pico de gallo, yogurt, sour cream, pickled serranos, green olives stuffed with bits of manzana, fresh tomatoes, and guacamole.
from Spanish, literally 'of the mountains, highlander'.
More definitions of serranoDefinition of serrano in:
- The US English dictionary