- Denoting a style of play in which the server moves close to the net after serving, ready to play an attacking volley off the service return.More example sentences
- But the five-time Wimbledon champion, in reality, was a natural baseliner who consciously adapted to the serve-and-volley style to win on grass.
- He played a masterful grass-court match against Agassi, mixing his acrobatic serve-and-volley game with off-speed shots.
- But newer rackets have given enough of an advantage to the return of serve that virtually no one plays the serve-and-volley game anymore.
- More example sentences
- And, although McEnroe and Edberg - genuine serve-and-volleyers in every sense of the tradition - came painfully close to winning in Paris, a fundamental axiom still prevails.
- Agassi is the buffed baseliner and Sampras the athletic serve-and-volleyer.
- He is one of the few remaining natural serve-and-volleyers on the men's tour.
More definitions of serve-and-volleyDefinition of serve-and-volley in:
- The US English dictionary