- A detachable compartment of a spacecraft carrying fuel and supplies.More example sentences
- For example, look at the solar panels mounted on the craft's service module and on its orbital module.
- As was the case with Apollo, the service module will be jettisoned before entering the atmosphere.
- The service module, and the orbital module are burned in the Earth's atmosphere, whilst the re-entry module uses its heat shield to make a safe return.
More definitions of service moduleDefinition of service module in:
- The US English dictionary