noun (plural servicemen)
1A man serving in the armed forces.
- With the United States entering the war in 1941, American servicemen began to be posted to England.
- The contributions of African American servicemen during the Second World War have long gone unheralded by history.
- When Goody arrives, his gruff, dictatorial but tongue-in-cheek interplay with the young servicemen must be seen to be appreciated.
2A person providing maintenance on machinery, especially domestic machinery.
- At the information stall, it was raised that the machine servicemen were still working.
- Eighty-five-year-old pensioner Lex Morris took exception to his treatment by an electricity line maintenance serviceman, but is galled to find there is no way to stop him entering his Glanmire Road property.
- His servicemen are all carefully trained by DeLaval engineers and accredited to a very high standard.
Words that rhyme with servicemanservicemen
Definition of serviceman in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.