noun (plural servos)
Short for servomechanism or servomotor. the servos should faithfully follow the input commands if the reservoir is holed then the remote brake servo will not be working
More example sentences
- The servos are attached to the control shaft of the hydrostatic pump on each wheel.
- Computerized servos shift the helical gears and operate the wet clutches.
- Without the generators on, the backup pump takes approximately three seconds to energize the servo.
Late 19th century: from Latin servus 'slave'.
Words that rhyme with servoKosovo
noun (plural servos)Australian informal
A service station.
- The latter obviously and automatically determines the figures posted at the local servo.
- I took him on a little tour around the servo because I was so excited.
- I kicked stones as I walked along, and decided to stop off at the servo near where I live to get some chocolate or something to eat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan