noun (plural servos)
- short for servomechanism or servomotor. the servos should faithfully follow the input commands if the reservoir is holed then the remote brake servo will not be workingMore example sentences
- The servos are attached to the control shaft of the hydrostatic pump on each wheel.
- Computerized servos shift the helical gears and operate the wet clutches.
- Without the generators on, the backup pump takes approximately three seconds to energize the servo.
late 19th century: from Latin servus 'slave'.
noun (plural servos)Australian • informal
- A service station.More example sentences
- The latter obviously and automatically determines the figures posted at the local servo.
- I took him on a little tour around the servo because I was so excited.
- I kicked stones as I walked along, and decided to stop off at the servo near where I live to get some chocolate or something to eat.