noun (plural sesquicentenaries)
- The one-hundred-and-fiftieth anniversary of a significant event: the year in which both celebrate their sesquicentenariesMore example sentences
- The sesquicentenary of the Eureka Stockade in Ballarat, Victoria, is due to be commemorated on December 3.
- That is the challenge confronting this Parliament as it embarks upon its second sesquicentenary.
- A note from the Department of Posts says that the Cartes Maxim series is also in celebration of the sesquicentenary of India Post.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to a sesquicentenary: part of the Society’s sesquicentenary celebrationsMore example sentences
- Shirley Fitzgerald's Sydney 1842-1992 and shorter books on Chippendale, Surry Hills, Millers Point, and Pyrmont were a major part of Sydney City Council's sesquicentenary celebrations.
More definitions of sesquicentenaryDefinition of sesquicentenary in:
- The US English dictionary