- Relating to a sesquicentenary: as the town’s sesquicentennial celebrations get under wayMore example sentences
- The University of Michigan Medical School this year celebrates its sesquicentennial anniversary.
- Renovation and redecoration of church property was followed by an elaborate sesquicentennial celebration.
- Thus it was that I wound up postponing my degree and staying a fifth year to edit the sesquicentennial edition of the university's yearbook.
nounBack to top
- A sesquicentenary: the Texas Sesquicentennial was just two years awayMore example sentences
- Without doubt they will respond again to the call to celebrate the sesquicentennial on 16 December 2000.
- The sesquicentennial of the Great Famine also took on special importance on account of the contemporary political contexts in which it occurred.
- That the sesquicentennial of the potato famine would be the occasion for a reassertion of Irish consciousness is not surprising.
More definitions of sesquicentennialDefinition of sesquicentennial in:
- The US English dictionary