Definition of set square in English:
1A right-angled triangular plate for drawing lines, especially at 90°, 45°, 60°, or 30°.
- It was here that Burlington kept his collection of architectural plans and the painting on the ceiling reflects this interest through the personification of the subject, surrounded by set squares and plumb lines.
- All that was being said was something dreadfully boring involving the importance of set squares.
- Tomorrow will be taken up with preparing for the Big Day itself, namely, preparing my desk, purchasing a set square and compass and making a list.
1.1A form of T-square with an additional arm turning on a pivot for drawing lines at fixed angles to the head.
- They used iron chisels, saws, drills, and callipers, set squares and plumb lines.
- If any architects or firms have redundant T squares and set squares, and books and journals they can spare, these would be gratefully received.
Definition of set square in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.