- Bearing bristles or setae; bristly: each segment has a white setose patch under its distal endMore example sentences
- The antennae are setose, the legs slender, with cerci that are usually rather short.
- From a subset of each group the Dufour's gland and later setose membrane were dissected by removing the sting apparatus with blunt forceps.
- A setose lobster has distinct hairs on the swimmerets under its tails, indicating breeding condition.
mid 17th century: from Latin seta 'bristle' + -ose1.
More definitions of setoseDefinition of setose in:
- The US English dictionary