Definition of seventeen in English:
1One more than sixteen, or seven more than ten; 17: seventeen years later a list of names, seventeen in all (Roman numeral xvii or XVII)
More example sentences
- Over half of the seats are filled, with students of about sixteen or seventeen years old.
- Most looked like twenty-year-olds and others were maybe sixteen or seventeen years old.
- Sixteen of the hottest seventeen years on record have happened since 1980.
seventeenth ordinal number
- Example sentences
- The twelve essays trace the history of opera from the seventeenth century to the present.
- The fuzzy notion of democracy was despised by scholars prior to the seventeenth century.
- England is divided more deeply than it has been since the seventeenth century.
Definition of seventeen in:
- US English dictionary