- 1One more than sixteen, or seven more than ten; 17: seventeen years later a list of names, seventeen in all (Roman numeral xvii or XVII)More example sentences
- Over half of the seats are filled, with students of about sixteen or seventeen years old.
- Most looked like twenty-year-olds and others were maybe sixteen or seventeen years old.
- Sixteen of the hottest seventeen years on record have happened since 1980.
- 1.1Seventeen years old: he joined the Marines at seventeenMore example sentences
- I ask why the memoir stops at the age of seventeen.
- I first encountered Patti Smith's music in 1985, at the age of seventeen.
- Returning to Britain from Lagos at the age of seventeen, he started art school as a painter.
- 1.3A set or team of seventeen individuals.More example sentences
- Forty teams representing ten schools competed in this year's semi-finals with the top seventeen qualifying for the final.
- More example sentences
- The twelve essays trace the history of opera from the seventeenth century to the present.
- The fuzzy notion of democracy was despised by scholars prior to the seventeenth century.
- England is divided more deeply than it has been since the seventeenth century.
Old English seofontīene, from the Germanic base of seven.
More definitions of seventeenDefinition of seventeen in:
- The US English dictionary