1A migratory sturgeon found only in the basins of the Caspian and Black Seas, much fished for its caviar.
- Acipenser stellatus, family Acipenseridae
More example sentences
- The fish he needs are the sturgeon - the beluga and the sevruga.
- There is a budget version of the omelette - with only one ounce of the sevruga caviar it sets diners back just $100.
- Only the eggs of the sevruga - much smaller, harder, greyer and cheaper - taste like fish (which, Mme Mittelbronn reassures us, makes them a wonderful accompaniment to vodka).
late 16th century: from Russian sevryuga.
Definition of sevruga in:
- The US English dictionary