- A common problem is the unlawful channelling of storm water drainage into the sewer system.
- Also, a licensed plumber may be required to attach your pipes to the public sewer line and water supply.
- They climbed down the ladder and stood in the shallow waters of the sewer.
Middle English (denoting a watercourse to drain marshy land): from Old Northern French seuwiere 'channel to drain the overflow from a fish pond', based on Latin ex- 'out of' + aqua 'water'.
This initially meant a watercourse to drain marshy land. The source is Old Northern French seuwiere ‘channel to drain the overflow from a fish pond’, based on Latin ex- ‘out of’ and aqua ‘water’. Sewage, developed from sewer in the mid 19th century.
Words that rhyme with seweranoa, Balboa, blower, boa, foregoer, goer, grower, hoer, jerboa, knower, Krakatoa, Lebowa, lower, moa, mower, Mururoa, Noah, o'er, proa, protozoa, rower, Samoa, Shenandoah, shower, sower, spermatozoa, Stour, thrower, tower Amur, brewer, chewer, Dewar, doer, ewer, hewer, Kahlua, lassoer, Nuer, pursuer, renewer, screwer, skewer, skua, spewer, strewer, suer, tattooer, viewer, who're, wooer
- Irene Caldwell is the company's costume designer who works with a small group of budding sewers.
- Margaret was also a great sewer and dress-maker, a craft at which she excelled in her younger years.
- An enthusiastic crafter and home sewer since childhood, Jane Schenck has a long and varied career in the home sewing industry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.