- 1The action or activity of sewing: the machine will save hours of hard sewingMore example sentences
- She did a lot of knitting and sewing, volunteered in her church, and sang in the choir.
- Charity, on the other hand, was far superior at stitching and all manner of sewing.
- Australia is the world center of sewing and crafts, so we should be able to get some good thread from them.
- 1.1Work that is to be or is being sewn: she put down her sewingMore example sentences
- I picked up my sewing and began to stitch quickly.
- Leslie smiled and turned back to her sewing, moving what looked like a shirt sleeve along the jabbing threaded needle.
- I put down my sewing and go in and shut it off for him.