- A hormone, such as oestrogen or testosterone, affecting sexual development or reproduction.More example sentences
- Testosterone is a sex hormone, but it's also an anabolic steroid.
- Tests that he or she will need to do include blood or saliva tests that measure total estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S and sex hormone binding globulin.
- Its main function is to produce sperm and testosterone, a male sex hormone, during puberty.
More definitions of sex hormoneDefinition of sex hormone in:
- The US English dictionary