The organization of holidays with the purpose of taking advantage of the lack of restrictions imposed on sexual activity and prostitution by some foreign countries.
More example sentences
- Another means of distributing child pornography worldwide is through sex tourism, which uses prostitution rings.
- The alleged paedophiles face charges ranging from ‘rape and sexual assault to sex tourism and creating and possessing child porn’, according to police sources.
- As ironic as eco-tourism is sex tourism, which generates an estimated revenue of US $20 thousand million.
sex tourist noun
- More example sentences
- The ultimate risk holiday is that of the sex tourist, where men or women travel long distances with the intention of having sex.
- Under English law a sex tourist can be prosecuted here even if he has sex with a child in Thailand: surely prosecuting someone for promoting racial hatred on a US-hosted website can't be that different?
- ‘He's a politically incorrect, middle-aged sex tourist with very particular views about race and about sex,’ he continues.
Definition of sex tourism in:
- The US English dictionary