Definition of sex tourism in English:
The organization of holidays with the purpose of taking advantage of the lack of restrictions imposed on sexual activity and prostitution by some foreign countries.
- Another means of distributing child pornography worldwide is through sex tourism, which uses prostitution rings.
- The alleged paedophiles face charges ranging from ‘rape and sexual assault to sex tourism and creating and possessing child porn’, according to police sources.
- As ironic as eco-tourism is sex tourism, which generates an estimated revenue of US $20 thousand million.
sex tourist noun
- Example sentences
- The ultimate risk holiday is that of the sex tourist, where men or women travel long distances with the intention of having sex.
- Under English law a sex tourist can be prosecuted here even if he has sex with a child in Thailand: surely prosecuting someone for promoting racial hatred on a US-hosted website can't be that different?
- ‘He's a politically incorrect, middle-aged sex tourist with very particular views about race and about sex,’ he continues.
Definition of sex tourism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan