noun[mass noun] Astrology
- An aspect of 60° (one sixth of a circle): the Jupiter-Saturn cycle is now in sextile to its most difficult periodMore example sentences
- Since Mercury is solar when matutine and lunar when vespertine, it should surely have different exhaltations for the two phases, one in trine to Gemini and the other in sextile to Virgo.
- If the birth was indeed after sunset, the Part of Fortune was in conjunction with the MC and in sextile to the Moon.
- The positive aspects of trine and sextile are the areas where tension's resolution is found.
late Middle English: from Latin sextilis, from sextus 'sixth'.
More definitions of sextileDefinition of sextile in:
- The US English dictionary