number (plural sextillions or (with numeral) same)
1A thousand raised to the seventh power (1021).
More example sentences
- And a mouse is miracle enough to stagger sextillions of infidels.
- A further challenge is the humbling fact that the original cloud is billions of times wider and a hundred sextillion (100 x [10.sup.21]) times less dense than the star the models are trying to simulate.
- In the last decades of the 20c, however, the North American use has become universal, providing the set million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion, nonillion, decillion.
late 17th century: from French, from million, by substitution of the prefix sexti- 'six' (from Latin sextus 'sixth') for the initial letters.
- More example sentences
- One amu is less than 200 sextillionths of a gram.
Definition of sextillion in:
- The US English dictionary