Definition of sextillion in English:
cardinal number (plural sextillions or (with numeral) same)
1A thousand raised to the seventh power (1021).
- And a mouse is miracle enough to stagger sextillions of infidels.
- A further challenge is the humbling fact that the original cloud is billions of times wider and a hundred sextillion (100 x [10.sup.21]) times less dense than the star the models are trying to simulate.
- In the last decades of the 20c, however, the North American use has become universal, providing the set million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion, nonillion, decillion.
- 1sextillionth ordinal number
- Example sentences
- One amu is less than 200 sextillionths of a gram.
Late 17th century: from French, from million, by substitution of the prefix sexti- 'six' (from Latin sextus 'sixth') for the initial letters.
Words that rhyme with sextillionbillion, jillion, million, bajillion, modillion, multibillion, multimillion, pillion, septillion, squillion, trillion, zillion
Definition of sextillion in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.