Definition of sextuple in English:
1Consisting of six parts or things.
- But the legendary creations disappeared in July, when Rosa, a married, 60-year-old father of two, underwent sextuple heart bypass surgery.
1.1Six times as much or as many.
- But a 10-foot birdie putt on the 376-yard 15th put Goosen back in sole possession of top spot and he then safely negotiated a final hole which an hour earlier had seen Swede Peter Hedblom put three balls in the water for a sextuple bogey 11.
- Though Live's still going strong (after this mini-tour, they're going back into the studio to record the follow-up to their latest disc, V, working title VI), they're a bit back from sextuple platinum.
- It's tougher to find quadruple, quintuple, and sextuple homophones.
nounBack to top
verb[with object] Back to top
Multiply by six; increase sixfold.
- Doctors have long known that family history predicts the condition, but a recent study found having a mother with the disease at age 55 or younger sextupled the risk in offspring.
- He has also, according to the political parties, nearly sextupled the allowance the royal palace gets from the state.
- Her voice, tripled or sextupled in harmony, was the vocal version of his slide-guitar style.
Definition of sextuple in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan