- The liberalization of established social and moral attitudes to sex, particularly that occurring in western countries during the 1960s, as the women’s movement and developments in contraception instigated changes in attitudes towards sex and women’s sexuality, and sexual equality became an aim of society.More example sentences
- Those who came of age in the Sixties hold on resolutely to the positive aspects of that social change - sexual equality, the sexual revolution, the rejection of traditional norms and values, and so on.
- In his version of the sexual revolution, Western adolescents break the chains of reason and social control to follow the sirens of their true love.
- He was mocking the hollowness of the new consumer society before the sexual revolution.
More definitions of sexual revolutionDefinition of sexual revolution in:
- The US English dictionary