noun (plural sexualities)[mass noun]
- 1Capacity for sexual feelings: she began to understand the power of her sexualityMore example sentences
- Homosexuality and heterosexuality are both aspects of human sexuality.
- Barker's plays are known for their fearless exploration of power, sexuality and human motivation.
- I'm all for the frank and graphic examination of human sexuality in film.
- 1.1 [count noun] A person’s sexual orientation or preference: people with proscribed sexualitiesMore example sentences
- We got sprung from the strictures of the nuclear family, parish church, small town by our aberrant (queer and proud) sexualities.
- While students experience Dutch society's acceptance of varying sexualities, they also find out that the Netherlands is not always the tolerant Utopia it is perceived by many to be.
- Our young, as they struggle to come to terms with their sexualities, often feel they come out of nothing and are not aware of the brave men and women who have risked so much for their freedom.
- 1.2Sexual activity: sexuality within holy matrimony was only justified as a necessary part of reproduction