- A Japanese dish of pieces of thinly sliced beef or pork cooked quickly with vegetables in boiling water and then dipped in sauce.More example sentences
- Shaken by the first case of mad cow disease in Japan, consumers have been shunning traditional beef dishes such as shabu-shabu.
- A popular example of nabemono is shabu-shabu, a Japanese adaptation of the Mongolian hotpot.
- You can also get nourishing crocks of rice and salmon, and several respectable varieties of shabu-shabu (we liked the chicken meatballs), all of them cooked at the table, with glass noodles and vegetables, in a steamy silver pot.
More definitions of shabu-shabuDefinition of shabu-shabu in:
- The US English dictionary