- North American term for juneberry.More example sentences
- These hardy shrubs or small trees - also called shadbush, shadblow, or saskatoon - are seen as understory in sparse woods or at woodland edges.
- In trees such as apple, cherry, shadbush, and elderberry, with flowers and leaves packed in the same bud, the flowers generally bloom in one quick burst; the leaves follow almost immediately.
- Other names for some of them include sarvisberry, shadbush or shadbloom (because blooming when the shad are running in eastern rivers), juneberry, and saskatoon.
early 19th century: so named because it flowers at the same time as shad are found in the rivers.
More definitions of shadbushDefinition of shadbush in:
- The US English dictionary