- A title of the former monarch of Iran.More example sentences
- Daydreams of living like a prince are one thing, but living in a house that has played host to kings, queens, shahs and high-ranking dignitaries is quite another.
- The large punch bowl in the Rose Medallion pattern shown in Plate IX was made about 1865 for Nasir al-Din Shah, a shah of Persia's Qajar dynasty.
- Since the shah and his queen kept separate bedrooms, this is a revealing detail.
mid 16th century: from Persian šāh, from Old Persian ḵšāyaṯiya 'king'.
More definitions of shahDefinition of shah in:
- The US English dictionary