- The Muslim profession of faith (‘there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah’), one of the Five Pillars of Islam.More example sentences
- The two uppermost bands of the minaret contain religious texts, with the final inscription appropriately chosen as the shahada, the Muslim profession of faith.
- Briefly stated, this essential Islam is none other than the first part of the shahadah which every Muslim proclaims numerous times during the course of his or her day: La ilaha il'Llah, there is no deity other than Allah.
- The other would have the shahadah or Muslim confession of faith: ‘There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Messenger.’
from Arabic šahāda 'testimony, evidence'.
More definitions of shahadaDefinition of shahada in:
- The US English dictionary