- A Muslim martyr.More example sentences
- They are the ones we most fear, as they have nothing to lose, they gain popularity by becoming shahids, and they are assured that their families will be taken care of.
- The radio station received numerous complaints when it chose to use the expression ‘suicide terrorists’ instead of the word shahids, as is the norm in the Arabic language media.
- ‘You need to think of yourselves as mujaheddin, holy warriors,’ the group is told, ‘and you aspire to be a shahid, a martyr killed in battle.’
via Urdu from Arabic šahīd 'witness, martyr'.
More definitions of shahidDefinition of shahid in:
- The US English dictionary