- Used as salutation by Jews at meeting or parting, meaning ‘peace’: ‘I’ll be waiting for your call’. ‘Au revoir’. ‘Shalom’More example sentences
- The area is meticulously preserved to keep the graffiti messages of peace or shalom that Israelis spontaneously wrote to mourn their fallen prime minister.
- Another concept central to this work is shalom, or peace.
- And, in Christ, you have elevated and demonstrated the cause of shalom, of peace, of wholeness, of unity.
from Hebrew šālōm.
More definitions of shalomDefinition of shalom in:
- The US English dictionary